I'm not happy about it, as it was a selling point in my purchase. Now a feature I bought has been removed, and I have to comply with the removal should I wish to play games. I'm not alone in the disgust.
The article says you can't even start the game without Internet, as you will be greeted by an error message. Making matters even worse, you are still kicked back to the main menu if the game loses connection to the "Ubisoft Master servers," which may not even be your fault.
- EA is now laying 1k+ people off. (source)
- Technology is one of the least hit by the current recession. (source)
- SPORE was the most pirated game in 2008. (source)
- Spore had the most controversial DRM in 2008.
- EA denies piracy is linked to their DRM. (source)